Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:42am - Jul 12,19 
Looking to head out for my first trip of the year on Saturday morning, as I'm sure a lot of others are planning a trip too. I'm watching that wave forecast and I think it looks decent enough to take a chance on a trip. I am still locked in a 16 foot boat and would like to venture out to 160-200 but am weary with the winds shifting North/Northeast right around quitting time, not sure I'd want to run the risk of being stuck 10 miles off in a potential washing machine.

So long story-short question, I'm just curious if anybody has been still catching anything with regularity in the 100 fow or less range. Or is it simply worth making the long run and perhaps just calling it a shorter than usual day.

Thanks guys, and thanks for all the great reports to-date! I'm really bummed I've missed out on some great fishing so far this year but glad to see everyone has been able to really enjoy it.

Bob

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:41am - Jul 12,19 
Bob, I will be out there sat morning but I’m not sure if it will be out of Kenosha or Waukegan as of yet. I’m going to start at 90’ and hope they are willing to bite.

John

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 07:12am - Jul 12,19 
I would be less worried about the winds and more about a storms that pops up and they are calling for scattered thunderstorms and this year the storms have been Really bad.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04am - Jul 12,19 
Thanks for the warning about the storms, Storm Warning. Jk Brian, thanks for the advice. I'd hate to waste a potentially perfect day but sometimes it's just the way it goes. Still up in the air.

Thanks for the input.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 11:02am - Jul 12,19 
I think its better to go out and pay attention to the weather. That's what we're going to do, give us a shout on 68!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:20pm - Jul 12,19 
MuskyBob88, I took a guest out this morning. We hit the water @ 7:30. A little bird told me to run out to 150Ft and look for the cloudy water that came down from the north. Fish on the outside of it. 50-55 ft. down. Use coho set up. 8" dodger with green fly 24" back. We moved out to 165' while setting up and the 3rd rod in get hit, a nice chunky coho Reg. dipsy braid line out 85'set on 3 w/ 6" clown dodger 8' back with 2" blk/grn fly. It was a washer machine with currents and slight winds going all directions. My guest got a little sick so we shut it down with just one. A nice one. There were boats out further. two boats came in when we did one got skunked went out to 200ft the other had 4 in 150-180ft. We also made it out to 180 no hits. Good luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:22pm - Jul 12,19 
Thanks so much for the info deplorables.

Thank you to all who gave input.

It’s been decided we will be going out with an aim to hit the water by 5:15. Shoot for 100 and head east. Talk to y’all out there and hope for some beautiful fishing conditions!

Bob

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: