Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 01:50pm - Jan 5,18 
Hope everyone had a great holiday season. Now it's time to back to thinking about fishing. All the "Learn Lake Michigan' seminar info and sign up is at http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lak ... minars.php

I am expecting this year to be the best ever. It will be at the Hammond, IN Cabela's location on Feb 17th and 18th from 10 AM till 2 PM. Few changes this year: 2 days - one day salmon/trout and one day smallmouth bass, both morning seminars, also limited food but food is available at Cabela's, the hall space is much smaller than where we hosted this previously, sign up at the door might not be available if the space is already filled. I have been working on a power point to go along with the talking this should help us stay on track.

The salmon/trout portion will be on Feb. 18th from 10 AM till 2 PM. I will post again soon with a detailed game plan on what we plan on covering.

Capt. John Warren of King Seeker Charters will be helping again with the salmon/trout section. John did a great job last year and I am looking forward to hearing more from him this year. He had an outstanding season here on the south end.

Sign up has been really good so far and I am expecting a full house. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Ralph

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:54am - Jan 12,18 
Here's a short break down of what we plan on discussing on the Feb. 18th salmon/trout seminars. We will cover techniques and locations for year round success. Below is just a short list of some of the key topics we will cover. Should be a great learning tool for fisherman of all skill levels. Seminar is about 1/2 filled up as of today, space is limited. We hope to see you there. Sign up at: https://www.captainsreports.net/tackles ... ry&path=38

• Jigging early spring lake trout
• Casting for spring coho salmon and brown trout
• Early spring trolling bait choices and locations
• Transitions into deep water fishing
• Inshore and offshore steelhead techniques
• Deep water techniques for salmon and trout
• Understanding lure choice, currents, trolling speeds, and water temperatures in deep water
• How and when to fish flasher/fly combos, dodger/fly combos, spoons, body baits, and meat rigs. Capt. John Warren of King Seeker charters will be talking about alternative ways to run meat rigs for multi-species success.
• Choosing the right spread for target species and depths of water
• Casting and trolling for fall king salmon
• Jigging and trolling patterns for fall lake trout

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 11:22am - Jan 15,18 
The first section of the salmon/trout portion of the 2018 Learn Lake Michigan Seminars held on Feb 18th at the Hammond, IN Cabela's location will cover jigging for ice out lake trout in shallow water. Capt. Ralph Steiger will cover bait choice, locations, depths, boat control, and everything else you need to know to be successful. Also Google Earth 3D images will be incorporated into the seminar for a more life-like example of how to fish these giant trout. Hope you guys can make it. Space is limited due to hall space. Sign up at: https://www.captainsreports.net/tackles ... ry&path=38

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 08:36pm - Jan 16,18 
In the salmon and trout portions of the seminars we will cover detailed explanations of when, why, and how to run different trolling spreads for different times of the year. Also a good portion of the seminars will talk about how to target specific species throughout the year. Our goal is to make sure everyone leaves the seminars feeling like they will have more confidence when they're on the water. This is an easy and inexpensive way to learn how to be more successful on the Great Lakes. Hope everyone can make it please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Some of the trolling spreads we will cover:

• Spring Coho
• Spring Brown Trout
• Late Spring Coho
• Early Summer Lake Trout
• Early Summer Coho
Summer King Salmon
• Summer Mixed Bag – 60 to 80 ft of water
• Summer Mixed Bag – 80-100 ft of water
• Summer Mixed Bag – 100-150 ft of water
• Summer Mixed Bag- 150 +
• Inshore Steelhead